Sunday, September 23, 2012

sTEAp Shoppe, Mind Boost Mint Tea

sTEAp Shoppe Description:
Gun Powder Loose Leaf Green Tea combined with the brain boosting power of Ginko Biloba with the alertness only mint can bring makes for a spectacular day at the top of your game. A caffeinated, vibrant brain boosting cup of wonderful tea.

Green tea, Peppermint Leaf, Ginko Biloba Leaf and Stevia Leaf. Naturally Caffeinated


My Review:
sTEAp Shoppe offered 20 of us on Steepster the opportunity to sample their tea and participate in a live virtual tea tasting held on the forum September 23, 2012.

The dry leaf looks pretty fine in my sample. I am suspecting it got a bit crushed in the mail. It smells kind of like ginger (kind of peppery). I used a large spoon for my mug and heated water for green tea and steeped for 3 minutes.

As soon as water hit the leaf I could smell mint. I am not a fan of spearmint in tea, or candy, or even gum. It’s just not my thing. Surprise, this is peppermint! Peppermint I like. The brew is golden green in the press and a bit darker in the mug.

The sip is interesting. The mint is the main flavor, then directly under it is a peppery ginger flavor. There is no ginger listed so this must be the ginko biloba I am tasting. This has a sweetness to it from the stevia leaf. The green tea fills out the flavor, Green tea and mint are in the aftertaste.

If I were to ever want to sip mint tea this is one I would definitely consider. Bonus it leaves your breath feeling minty cool.

Visit sTEAp Shoppe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment